Are you looking to save money on your water bill this summer? Go green and conserve by following our simple tips on reducing water consumption during these hot summer months.
• When washing clothes, be sure to only run full loads of laundry to reduce water use.
• Don’t delay when it comes to repairing leaks – even slow drips can waste gallons of water each day. In fact, a leaky toilet could fill a swimming pool in a year.
• You can save between 10 and 15 gallons of water simply by only filling the bathtub halfway.
• Do you take long showers? You could be wasting over two gallons per minute!
• Save by turning off the faucet while you’re brushing your teeth, shaving, and washing your hands; you’ll save gallons of water per minute.
• Is it time to wash the car? Fill up a bucket with sudsy water instead of letting a water hose run the entire time.
For more water conservation tips, follow us on Twitter: @PlumSuperior