Copyright © 2017 Superior Plumbing. All rights reserved.3991 Royal Drive NW | Kennesaw, GA 30144
History of Superior Plumbing
From its inception in 1988 when one blue van logoed with the “the bathtub man” rolled out each morning from the garage of Jay Cunningham, Superior Plumbing Services, Inc. has gradually grown to a stable company.
Shortly after the bathtub man came the plumbers with red shirts and blue ties. Times have continued to change, and today Superior Plumbing employs a Customer Service/Dispatch staff, an Accounting Department, Mechanic, and Warehouse staff. The company’s mission is to deliver value to each customer. For Superior, value means rendering high quality service, with integrity, in a professional manner, at a fair price.
The Timeline of Superior Plumbing
- 1988 - Jay Cunningham started a business from his garage, with one blue van with a logo that read, "The Bathtub Man."
- 1989 - Jay and his 3 employees moved the company to 3383 Cherokee Street in Kennesaw - a 400 square foot barbershop.
- 1990 - The company moved to 2908 Harris Street in downtown Kennesaw, and increased to 4 employees.
- 1990-2001 - Jay also ran a heating and air company while operating his plumbing company.
- 1991 - The team moved to Jamerson Road in Marietta.
- 1992 - The Superior team moved to 1514 Roswell Road in Marietta. By this time, Jay was running 3 vans.
- 1994 - Superior hired Tom Gregory, who remains on the team today as a general manager.
- 1995-2001 - The company operated out of a bustling strip center at 1480 Roswell Road in Marietta.
- 2001-2007 - Superior ran a septic company as well as their plumbing services.
- March 2001 - The company moved to its current location at 3991 Royal Drive in Kennesaw.
- 2003 - Superior Plumbing rented its first billboard.
- 2004 - "The Honest Plumber" slogan was born.
- 2007 - By this time, Superior Plumbing had grown to 45 employees.
- 2011 - Superior began the two-year long project of instituting an inventory management system to address the challenges of a flagging economy. The system will track materials from the time they are ordered until they are dispatched to a particular job.
- 2011 - Superior's involvement in the North Georgia State Fair and other festivals was a rewarding way to be a part of the life and health of the community.
- Fall 2011 - Superior Plumbing's pilot vocational construction program, aimed at providing training for students who have the potential to be successful in highly-skilled positions in the construction industry, grew to almost 200 North Cobb High School students. Jay's vision is to implement a similar program in other Cobb high schools as well.
- Today - Superior Plumbing employs 73 people. These employees make up a Customer Service/Dispatch staff, an Accounting Department, Mechanic, and Warehouse staff. Its clean white plumbing vans carry 32 Licensed Plumbers across the entire metro-Atlanta area and beyond, servicing more than 25 counties.